Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wmcallen
Reel Rookie

Sound fluctuation by Roku

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Wmcallen
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound fluctuation by Roku

Like others before me have reported the problem with sound fluctuations. Low to extremely high volume and video and audio not matching up. I have six tvs all with Roku remotes, every tv has experienced the problem. I first thought it was Xfinity problem but after numerous consults with their techs I know it is Roku. One of Xfinity techs had the problem, he switched to Firestick. Yesterday he called me to say after 4 weeks he doesn't have the fluctuation or audio/video problem.

This problem started with us a few months ago. Apparently Roku doesn't care about its customers and is forcing us over to Firestick.

Interested in hearing if Roku still stalls and delays in responding to all of us.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wmcallen,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us regarding your audio issue with Xfinity TV. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?
  2. Does this happen on all movies/shows on Xfinity TV or just specific titles?
  3. What Roku model device are you using?
  4. How long has the issue been occurring?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  6. Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SUNSHINE8176
Reel Rookie

Mary, How can I become a part of this conversation as I have been having the same problems since October 2022? I would like to discuss/answer your questions to get answers. Thank You, Nancy

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SUNSHINE8176,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, please provide the information that I requested from above your post.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SUNSHINE8176
Reel Rookie

Issues streaming thru the Xfinity app since October 2022: Volume goes from regular to loud and very harsh or it goes very low. Voice not in sync with mouth. Buffering/cycling happens often. Picture will lock up or lose volume all the way. A program will disappear and then a message "Attempting to resume video" will appear.

It doesn't matter what channel you are on and once you go out of channel and come back in it's OK for awhile. Time varies for when the issues start up again.

(3) Roku Express

Issues since October 2022

I have been in touch with Xfinity several times over all these months. They have done re-sets, ran checks and issued a new cable box. I have unplugged all Roku's, router and did re-starts myself ever time an issue would occur. I have made sure all Roku's are software up to date which is scheduled to happen automatically...

Only one tv has a soundbar

Xfinity just told me on Saturday February 25th that the issue is with Roku. You have been doing maintenance/updates causing these issues and are in the process of correcting. Is this correct?

0 Kudos
Wmcallen
Reel Rookie

Thank you Mary for your quick response.

I first discovered the problem in November or December. I thought it was the Xfinity app becasue I did not notice on other streamng apps. However I was on the Ballys app and the excact problem was present. I had been pushing Xfinity for a solution since on their Community Forum people were complaining to them.

The problem is not with one or two channels it can happen at any time.

I have six Roku remotes, ranging form the basic to the Pro. All TV's have the same experience.

Problem started last fall and for a while it was quite less often then resumed to be a major problem again.

Treatments consisted of complaining to Xfinity, changing Roku's from one TV to another, watching other streaming apps, reseting my router (numerous times), unplugging my LG Soundbar for two weeks - problem still there,

Hope you can help me and others
Thank You
Bill Allen

0 Kudos