Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lw5
Reel Rookie

Sound but no picture and can’t get me u or settings to show

I do not have a picture on my TV. I have sound. Cannot even bring up menu or settings to work with. I disconnected and reconnect all connections. Turned off tv then on. How do I get my picture back? Doesn’t show home to get to any streaming. I do not have cable. Nothing to work with.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sound but no picture and can’t get me u or settings to show

Try unplugging the power from your TV for a few minutes and then plug it back in.  Is this a Roku TV or a TV with a Roku device connected to it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lw5
Reel Rookie

TCL tv. I tried disconnecting didn’t work. Checked all connections also. So far nothing.

0 Kudos
Mc920173

I am also having the same problems. I also tried unplugging and it also did nothing. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That sounds like something within the TV has failed which would be TCL's responsibility.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tstables
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  Was working earlier this morning.  Main screen (menu where I can choose the steaming apps) is fine and can see it.  I choose a service (Roku, Hulu, etc) and see the options.  I choose a show or movie and hear the audio clearly but no picture.   I can’t reach anyone at Roku support to see if there is an issue with Roku and connectivity to the steaming services or if there is something else I can do (already powered down and back on).  Thanks 

0 Kudos
beelerj1

I am having a problem with one of my channels as well. it was working and now it isn't. some shows play but others do not

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tstables @beelerj1

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have more details we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos