Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conduke

Sound/Pixelation/Loud Alarm/Low Power

I have a streaming stick + model 3810RW.  It is 5 years old.  On Feb 25/23 I chatted with a tech named Pallavi about the current pixelation issue and he was forwarding my info to the engineers.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  However, I have several other issues as well.

Software version:  11.5.0

Build 4312-50

Wi-Fi Signal:  Excellent

Download speed:  92 mbps

1) Sound lowered by itself.  No buttons pressed.  Issue ID 41-080-692.  If I go back to the guide and reload the program - this issue fixes itself.

2) Sound became "tinny".  Issue ID 41-080-771.  Sometimes going back to the guide and reloading the program helps - sometimes not.

3) Pixelation.  Issue ID 41-082-262.  The only thing that helps this is resetting the system but it eventually comes back in a few days.

4) Loud Alarm Sound:  Issue ID 41-082-484.  Nothing resolves this.  It can happen several times during the day and it is LOUD.

5) Low Power:  Issue ID 41-086-295.  This has happened to me once before.  First I get told "no signal", then I see "low power".  If I wait appx 30 seconds everything goes back to normal and roku loads.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with my power.

I also have the express + model 3710X.  Software:  11.5.0.  Build 4312-28.  I have absolutely none of the above problems with the express +.  I prefer using the streaming stick as it is quite a bit faster.

If I were to get a new streaming stick - would it resolve all the above issues or is it the latest update that is causing all these problems?  I have not always had these issues.  They've been happening for about 2 months or so.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

Barbara

0 Kudos