Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dora87433

Sound Continuously cutting in and out,

The shows I watch cut in and out every 10 or so seconds.  It doesn’t do it in the “commercials “ nor any other app I watch tv on via the stick.   It’s just with I watch live Roku. How do I fix it. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sound Continuously cutting in and out,

Hi @Dora87433,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Can you please cite specific content title examples that you have tried to play on The Roku Channel/specific channel that is experiencing an issue?
  2. Are all other streaming channels like Youtube or Netflix playing content normally?
  3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  4. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I understand how frustrating it is when the sound cuts out. I’ve had an older Roku that worked fine and when it stopped working, I bought a new Roku express 4K. The sound cut out I called Roku and they said they would send me a new one, but I had to pay for shipping because I bought it on Amazon. The new one has been cutting out so I just stopped using it. I tried using it again and it’s still cutting out restarting, software updates. Nothing fixes it so I went back to a second older model (2017) I had for traveling and it works fine.  After coming to this website and seeing all of the complaints about sound cutting out I think it’s time to explore an Amazon stick.  

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @BigIrishGuy

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For us to isolate your audio issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions. 

-Do you receive any error code or message? If yes, please let us know.
-Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your device?
-Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? If so, what is the make/model of that unit?
-In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.?

Moreover, if the issue only happens on one channel, removing the channel then adding it back in may help. You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos