Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CirrusHuet

Some 4K UHD content plays for 20 seconds then snow or static (Roku Ultra)

Twice I've tried to play recently-released 4K UHD content through two different (Apple TV+ and Prime Video) apps on my Roku Ultra and after 15-20 seconds of good video, the screen turns to snow.  The sound & subtitles continue unaffected.  I can restart the video or resume the video and the same behavior occurs - 15-20 seconds of good video, then snow.  

The problem only seems to happen on very recently-released video content - yesterday, it was trying to view the film Spencer using the Apple TV+ app.  I am able to successfully view other 4K content using both of these apps.  

I've tried rebooting the Roku, removing & reinstalling the apps on the Roku, and using a brand new high performance HDMI cable with no change.  The TV is an LG OLED77CX that was purchased in March, 2021.  

I suspect it is the Roku because the problem occurs with two different apps, and because I can AirPlay the video from the Apple TV app on my phone directly to the TV with no problem at all.  

Any other suggestions for things I might try?  Thank you.

0 Kudos