Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shows Won't Load like The Mentalist

Streaming shows are not connecting. Was watching a Season 2: Episode 9 and it just stopped loading the show. Tried others with the same result.

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Shows Won't Load like The Mentalist

Hey @imsportsidaho 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us more about your concern? What channel you're accessing The Mentalist? Does the issue only occur on that specific content or across other content available in that channel? 

Please let us know. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I just tried S2E9 on The Roku Channel and it played for me.  I would suggest restarting your Roku device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power, as appropriate, as well as all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

It seems that when we load the mentalist, it loads, then plays the first 8 seconds, then stops abruptly and continues to load with a black screen and a loading sign. I haven’t seen any other show not be able to load.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jimmyjohn1111hb @imsportsidaho,

Thanks for reaching us and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the late response about this and we appreciate you for sharing your experience in this case.

If you still experiencing the same playback issue. Please get back to us so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos