Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ghoulasaurus
Reel Rookie

Series "Black Books" plays in French even though only audio option is English

Jump to solution

I tried reaching out to support on mobile and desktop but only get a continuous loading image. "Black Books" is a British comedy and is playing in obvious French Dubs. I checked the audio options and English is the only option which is obviously the only one selected and yet only plays French Dubs. Assistance bringing this to the attention of whomever can fix this is greatly appreciated.  Thank you 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "Black Books" plays in French even though only audio option is English

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe that this issue is now resolved and invite you to check if the issue is still occurring.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

"Black Books" plays in French even though only audio option is English

Jump to solution

Hey @Ghoulasaurus and welcome! While that does sound slightly adorable that "Black Boots" is only in French, we can understand that may be frustrating to non-Francophiles and can help get this resolved for you.

Can you let us know where you're seeing this show? Is it on a certain app that you're using? The channels (apps) on Roku are designed and built by their creators, with the exception of The Roku Channel. So, in these cases, it's best to contact the channel directly, but we'd be happy to pass along a note to one of the channel partners. 

Let us know, awaiting your reply!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Ghoulasaurus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is occurring while streaming from The Roku site on PC and The Roku Channel on my Roku sticks. While I could just read the subtitles and get by, I generally do craft projects when i watch any tv and my French isn't that good haha

Edit: Excuse my manners, I just woke up. Thank you for your response and assistance. 🙂

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Ghoulasaurus wrote:

It is occurring while streaming from The Roku site on PC and The Roku Channel on my Roku sticks. While I could just read the subtitles and get by, I generally do craft projects when i watch any tv and my French isn't that good haha

Edit: Excuse my manners, I just woke up. Thank you for your response and assistance. 🙂

Oh, so this is on our end! I'll alert our team immediately and hopefully they can get that solved so that the craft projects won't require you to learn another language at the same time. Thanks so much for reporting this to us, we really appreciate it. Have a great day.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
ncmc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has NOT been solved.

And, I'm getting the runaround from Roku "support", with canned answers asking me to do ridiculous things that will allegedly help troubleshoot the issue (which won't because they're totally ignoring the fact that it's happening on multiple devices which obviously points to a problem with the data on the servers).

I am extremely unhappy with this. It was a minor annoyance, and is now something that is downright infuriating due to the awful support people.

Ghoulasaurus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone acknowledged the report and are working on it since this is still an issue? Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Ghoulasaurus 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you reported.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is investigating the issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe that this issue is now resolved and invite you to check if the issue is still occurring.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ghoulasaurus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
ncmc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny,

This is fixed now.

Please see to your support department's policies and training; this was unnecessarily difficult.

Thank you for getting this properly resolved.

P.S. Black Books a hilarious show - you should check it out 😀

0 Kudos