Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blix73
Reel Rookie

Season 3 episode 8 “miss Fisher’s murder mysteries” not playing on Vudu

Beginning 11/13/22, the Season 3 episode 8 for “Miss Fisher’s murder mysteries” will not play through Vudu on either my Roku streaming sticks. Both sticks are updated with the latest version of software. An on screen message displays “Error- Unable to continue playback, an unexpected error has occurred” every time I attempt to watch the episode.

All the other episodes play normally.

I watched it through the Vudu app on my iPad and iPhone and it worked perfectly. The only problems viewing are through the Roku sticks. I have system restarted each stick but nothing changed. This is the first time there has been a problem when viewing a single episode of a series.

Roku streaming stick+ Model 3810RW

Roku streaming stick+ Model 3810X

Any ideas on how to get this fixed would be appreciated, thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Season 3 episode 8 “miss Fisher’s murder mysteries” not playing on Vudu

Hi @Blix73

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If the issue persists from one channel/content after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Contact Us - Vudu

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Blix73-

Have tou tried to contact Vudu on this issue?  Vudu programming is sent from Vudu's servers, Roku just passes it on through to you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Blix73
Reel Rookie

Thanks for replying, apparently the issue resolved without me having to do anything, it was working by the time I got home.  Thanks again

0 Kudos
Blix73
Reel Rookie

It’s working again, I didn’t do anything but whatever was wrong with it apparently got fixed. Thanks 

0 Kudos