Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen blinking on and off

Jump to solution

My Roku was working fine until one day when we turned it on, give it a minute or less, the screen would constantly blink on and off and doesn't stop. I've tired to unplug it, reboot it, reset it, but nothing seems to work. Please if anyone can help me that would be great, thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lsatcher7

Re: Screen blinking on and off

Jump to solution

On your remote, press * button (options menu). Change your TV brightness to Normal. Press * again. Problem with blinking screen should be resolved.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
  1. What model Roku (number, not name)?
  2. What brand/model TV?
  3. Anything else in the HDMI string (AVR, sound bar)?
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RCDC

Jump to solution

Help please....

We are having the same screen blinking issue ... have completed all pairing, rebooting and update steps and still no good... video keeps blinking yet audio is ok ... 

Our TV is: 5123X TCL 55FS3750 SW Vers 9.2.0

Thank you.

Lsatcher7

Jump to solution

On your remote, press * button (options menu). Change your TV brightness to Normal. Press * again. Problem with blinking screen should be resolved.

Tags (1)
cjpeterson7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the ultra and a Samsung TV and have had the same problem. I unplugged the power on the Roku and TV plus usb connections and now it’s stopped.  Working so far.

0 Kudos
kalyla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

this (unplug for 30 sec) used to work for me, but the problem became increasingly frequent, and now is unfixable. I have an ultra and a no-longer so smart samsung tv. Will try buying a new hdmi cable but not feeling hopeful that will fix.

0 Kudos
Travelgate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There are so many threads about this issue and even YouTube videos on how to fix the problem, which tells me this is common..  I have this problem frequently, and waste time going through all the steps. By the time the product functions correctly, what I was hoping to watch is usually over. I have not seen anyone from Roku explain why this happens and what THEY plan to do to fix it.  

Travelgate
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh boy, I got a kudo, but no one answered my question.

0 Kudos
Redmagik64

Jump to solution

I pressed the * button went to picture settings and pressed the normal setting, this worked for my Tv.

LOLO24

Jump to solution

I did the opposite and set it to darker from normal! And it worked!!