Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jk24
Channel Surfer

Re: Scrambled “stripes” on roku stick 4k

Jump to solution

@StreamerSue I only watch about 45 minutes each night . I don’t have any more time than that for television. So because of that, I don’t subscribe to any other streaming. I only have Roku.

my DVD player works fine, and the television has a perfectly clear picture

it’s definitely not the HDMI port.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar  He didn’t say the problem occurs on his other tv. He said it won’t work on his other TV probably because it doesn’t have an HDMI port. Some piece of troubleshooting is needed but it is under warranty 

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Jk24  You never mentioned you tried your DVD player and it works fine. A Roku is a device. Not a subscription. So what do you watch when using your Roku? The Roku channel? You also never mentioned is the problem on the Roku home screen and when you’re watching anything on your Roku? can you post a picture of what you are seeing? Follow the link posted to start a warranty claim 

0 Kudos
Jk24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar thanks I bet you’re right- I think I may end up trying that.

@StreamerSue ps: I’m a she, not a he lol. 

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Jk24  This would have been easier if you started off my saying “I have a 3820 Roku Streaming Stick. Only when I use my Roku Stick am I seeing stripes on the screen. If I plug my DVD player into the same HDMI port that my Roku Stick is using I don’t see the Stripes. How to I go about getting a replacement Roku Stick since I’ve only owned it for 3 months”

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jk24

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with the Roku device, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jk24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Hi Danny - I sent the Roku back to San Jose for a replacement already - but thank you for your willingness to help 🙂

0 Kudos
Jk24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry  @StreamerSue - it was my first post and first time on the forum. I am not familiar with the way things “ought” to be posted. I simply asked for help, and got a good solution from @AvsGunnar