Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramon9311

Samsung TV turns off when plugged into roku express

I have a Samsung TV, not a smart tv. In the last week or so my tv has started turning off completely until I unplug the roku from the hdmi then it comes back on. As soon as the roku is plugged back in the TV goes off again..I know it isn't the TV as my camera system is also plugged in through hdmi and it doesn't shut the TV down 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung TV turns off when plugged into roku express

@Ramon9311

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into a wall outlet, or is it plugged into the TV USB port?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kersten818

I am having the same problem and we have a Roku model 4800x.  It’s plugged into the wall for power and the HDMI is plugged into my Samsung.  Every single time it’s plugged in that way the tv constantly turns off.  We bought new power strips, change the outlet and everything and realized it was the Roku.  Would love for the Roku to work since we have channels on Roku that we can’t get on Samsung.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kersten818

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos