Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpecialChimp
Reel Rookie

Rokue and YouTube TV buffering (spinning circle of DOTS)

I am having youtube roku buffering issue as well.  It is not a problem with my internet connection all other streaming apps work fine !!

Unfreakingbelievable youtube does not work. PLEASE GET THIS FIXED !! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Rokue and YouTube TV buffering (spinning circle of DOTS)

Hey @SpecialChimp 

I hope you're doing well.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SpecialChimp
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Thanks for the info followed your steps and it is WORSE than before. Click a youtube video to watch and it buffers (spinning dots) and then the screen goes black for 2 minute or 5 before the ads starts playing. Once the youtube video starts everything is ok.  This is on an LG tv. 

Thoughts.  

0 Kudos
SpecialChimp
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Followed the steps and still not fixed but I get a different behaviour.

1) Click a youtube video

2) Buffers (spinning dots)

3) Screen goes black for 2-5 minutes

4) Ads play then video starts. From this point on everything is ok.

The TV is an LG.

Do you have any other tips to get this fixed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @SpecialChimp

We appreciate your input.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach YouTube support here.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos