Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfoley
Reel Rookie

Roku won't play, or stops playing after a few minutes

I try to play the latest Adam Sandler movie on my Roku ultra. It won't play. Loading never gets to 100%. Other titles will play back for a few minutes then stop playing. The Netflix connection test crashes on the speed test. All other Roku streaming apps work just fine. 

I read that down grading to Roku os 10 should fix this problem. How can I do that. This is annoying. Netflix is unusable.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won't play, or stops playing after a few minutes

Hey @Dfoley

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfoley
Reel Rookie

Turns out if I turn off the subtitles every plays fine on Netflix. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Dfoley you didn't specify which model Ultra you have. I tested Netflix with the movie you mentioned on my Ultra 4800 and it's playing fine. Captions are on, and it triggered Dolby Vision on my TV and my AVR is indicating DD+/Atmos audio. So it appears there's no issue with Netflix and Roku OS 11.0. 

Usually the first step with a misbehaving channel is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (critical step, don't skip), then add the channel back and try again. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos