Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whilenski

Roku ultra lt does not boot

My Roku Ultra LT is stuck in a reboot cycle. I did the 30 second reset to get it back to factory defaults and started configuring it again.  During this process it rebooted itself 2 times without completing the setup and went back to the bouncing Roku but fails to go past that.  I tried another factory reset again after this, but all it does is stay at the bouncing Roku now.  There is no card in the SD slot.  I bought this during Thanksgiving week this year (2020) from WalMart so it’s a new device.  HELP!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ultra lt does not boot

Sounds like a dud.  Take it back to Walmart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Namlad

My unit was initially working after set up, so next day I gave away my older Roku3, ps and remote in the empty new Ultra LT box. 

Now my Ultra LT wont work, takes forever to boot, locks up, pixelates, all problems my other Rokus (Ultra, Roku3, Express) did not have. Under warrantee but willl Roku replace it without the original packaging? Naturally they are closed for the holiday leaving me with family staring at each other and a bad streamer. Already tried repeatedly disconnecting power for 30+ seconds, after which it takes long minutes to power on, even longer to boot. Cant stream on any platform reliably.

Hosed or will Roku stand behind it even without the box?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Namlad, the Ultra LT is a Walmart exclusive, so I don't know if that muddies the water or not.  Have you tried going through the process at:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos