Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku turns on but won’t go to homescreen

Jump to solution

Hi @Flode,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved with your Roku device that is stuck in the bouncing logo, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in order to identify this problem. Can you also specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
pocketlion

Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos
annex
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too have this issue where the device self-resets every time before it gets to the home screen and so is stuck on the bouncing letters. I have read through this chain and have tried changing the usb power cable (it was already plugged into the wall), changing the HDMI cable/socket. I held the hard reset for +30 sec, but it doesn't actually reset - just blinks faster after 5 seconds and then no change.

Model number 3930X

SN: S010306X1ML

0 Kudos
Manvendra
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Try on some device[TV] with better resolution. It basically fails at setting resolution part.

0 Kudos
annex
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Okay, so I managed to get it to work on my work computer monitor, so clearly we have correctly identified the problem. However, I want it to work on the only TV I have. It used to work on it just fine, so can we roll back an update or something?

0 Kudos
Manvendra
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

After setting up everything, you can use it again on TV. It is only the resolution thing that affects, once that thing is setup, all should be good.

0 Kudos
bcraves

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with bouncing logo screen only. I have tried all of the  possible fixes mentioned and still no success.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @bcraves

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
soon2b1two
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi I am having the same issue all I can get is the bouncing roku screen. I've tried different TVs reset it different him. I got the home screen to pop up once but it immediately went back to the bouncing roku screen. Serial number S0133182CU52 model number 3930X

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@soon2b1two, are you using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port?  Do you have another one from a phone or tablet that you can try?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos