Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku turns on but won’t go to homescreen

Jump to solution

@Msmatt14

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
megamigo

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Roku stucked on roku bouncing for hours kindly assist I have tried all by the books swiped hdmi done hard reset all prove abortive here is my serial number for roku device S012297XD4RM

THANKS 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Saw your post, @megamigo.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. 

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Rokus turns on but no homescreen just bought it 2 months ago i can only connect my phone to youtube please help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Chukileon123

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us the model of the affected Roku device? Have you tried factory resetting it? How about using a different HDMI cable or HDMI port? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imyourhuck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, I too have a Roku ultra that resets before making it to the Home Screen. I’ve tried all the before mentioned solutions to no avail. Please advise.

7lc6a5271426

model: 4640x

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Imyourhuck

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how your Roku Ultra is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imyourhuck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuKariza-D 

Thank you for the support. I am using the provided power cord directly to the wall outlet.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Imyourhuck

Appreciate the response.

Please specify to us the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps we should take next. Also, we would recommend trying the suggestion in this Support article and see if that will make a difference: What should I do if I cannot see the video from my Roku® streaming player on my TV?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imyourhuck
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D I have read through this chain and the link you provided trying all troubleshooting options. Hard reset +30 sec./different outlet/USB/different tv/changing the hdmi. I’ve done all of these and the screen continues to reboot on its own prior to reaching the Home Screen.