Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku that was fine for over a year now as echo & lots of sound issues. Any suggestions? New device?

When using my Roku basic box that worked fine for over a year suddenly now comes on with like an echo with echo and you can not really understand anyone or anything, this true any of channel apps. Sound is lower than normal too.  It is impossible to watch anything unless you want to do CC.  Ugh!   Also, before this it had been freezing up . Is there any suggestions for help or is it time to purchase a new streaming device? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Z06
Roku Guru

Re: Roku that was fine for over a year now as echo & lots of sound issues. Any suggestions? New

Can you please provide your model number and your Roku OS version. Also what channel is this happening on? have you tried your Roku on another TV? 

0 Kudos

Re: Roku that was fine for over a year now as echo & lots of sound issues. Any suggestions? New

• It happens on all channels. 
  • Model 3900RW 
  • Software 10.5.0 build 4208-51 , it says up to date. 
  • Yes it happens on all tv including one that is only 2 months old. 

As I keep reading maybe its better called choppy sounds but it does echo within an echo. And of course the sound doesn't match the people. Sound comes in before the video. 

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

The 3900 was released back in 2017. You could try a new HDMI cable. Factory reset. If those things do not fix the issue then you would need a new Roku device. So your audio is out of sync correct? Have you tried restarting your Roku, modem and router? Also how fast is your internet?

0 Kudos

I have restarted device several times over a few days. Everything on tv works fine with cable. 

Other TVs in home have roku built in and connect fine for now finger crossed.  But they do have 5G and this is older and does not have 5G. Have even tried this device with all others not connected. 

Internet speed shouldn't be an issue as we have 500/40.  

Which current devices can connect with 5G? 

0 Kudos

Also have restarted router too. 

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

Well you never mentioned any of these things in your previous posts. Most likely you have an internal failure with your Roku. You did all the basic troubleshooting. Not much else to do besides replace it. 

Also 5G refers to cell phone signal. Home WiFi is 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz. I would recommend the Express 4K or Stick 4K

0 Kudos