Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hailey

Roku stuck on loading screen

I just recently started having issues with my Roku not working. I turned it on one day and it went to the loading screen, then went blank, and went back to the loading screen. It would continue to do this and would never go to the Home Screen. I’m still have this issue. I’ve tried reseting it using the reset button and I’ve also tried reseting it with the button sequence. I’ve also replaced my batteries in my remote and unplugging the adapters and using other adapters. Nothing is working and I really don’t want to have wasted my money on this because I’ve had it for only half a year. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
mintld18

Re: Roku stuck on loading screen

Same problem with CNN not loading.  Did you resolve your issue?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @Hailey @mintld18

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
DeekB97

How can you reset stuff and use menu when the problem is that the Roku box is frozen 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @DeekB97

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? How long has the issue been occurring?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos