Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burksmandb

Roku stuck on loading screen and the player won't reset.

Model 3810x replaced remote batteries,  attached  power cord, tried all hdmi ports still just stuck at load up screen 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku stuck on loading screen and the player won't reset.

Hi @Burksmandb 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? How are you powering the device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? Please also reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. This can be found on the back of the stick itself. 

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MadVic

I’m having this problem too. I was in the middle of watching something about 10 hours ago, whilst doing so the Roku stopped working.

Since then I can only get the load screen with the bouncing icon. I have soft and hard re-set the box. Pushed in the re-set button on the back of the box for 10, 20 and 30 seconds. I have re-set my router. I have changed the batteries in my remote and checked with my phone camera that the infrared light works. I have plugged the cable directly into the wall. I have tried different HDMI ports in the tv and a different HDMI lead. I’m on the verge of buying a new streaming device.

I have an Express 4K model

SN: SO7U21688878

Model: 394OX

Any ideas what I can try next? As far as I can see from the chats I have tried everything.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MadVic, try a different USB cable.  My current theory with these devices that rely on a microUSB connection for power is that the contacts in the connectors corrode leading to problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MadVic

Thanks Renojim,

I’ll try that over the weekend and let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos