Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btc200

Re: Roku stuck on loading screen and the player won't reset.

Hi @RokuKariza-D,

I'm having the same issue with one of my #Express 4K+ units stuck on the loading screen and not being able to get past the bouncing ROKU letters on the screen and the accompanying sound. It's plugged into the wall, and always has been. I've tried the reset button, holding it in for 10, 20 and 30 seconds, but none of those fixes seem to work. I also tried a different HDMI cable and still no change. I thought it might be a WiFi issue,  but there is a good signal where it is placed.

My model is 3941X and the Serial Number is S07P217U1F20

Anything you can do to help is appreciated.

Brad

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@btc200

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RJMac18
Channel Surfer

It's not a problem with the TV, or the USB port. The device, which had been working fine, stopped for no reason after only a couple of months of use. This is a Roku problem.  I've only had this for this short period of time, so this is extremely disappointing.

RJMac18
Channel Surfer

Same here, same issue, same model.  Not at all happy with this.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@RJMac18 

You've provided no details about your setup. Roku model number and OS version (Settings > System > About)

I don't see you providing a description of the problem. As the descriptions earlier in the thread from different users vary somewhat, words such as "same" are meaningless. Maybe one, maybe the other, maybe a little of each, but nothing clear. And all these details matter. If you're seeking help with the issue, provide details, and avoid words such as "same" or "all" or "every;" rather, give specific examples and descriptions.

Having said that, if you are convinced the device is faulty, and if it's under warranty, you could initiate a warranty return.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RJMac18
Channel Surfer

All good now don’t need any more advice.

0 Kudos
liovra

Exactly the same irreparable issue: stuck on the loading ROKU screen

SN: S0755150GNCS

Model: 3940X

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @liovra

Thanks for the post.

Before forwarding your concern to our Support team, we would recommend trying to unplug/power down your wireless router and then try to boot your Roku device up again to see if you get past the bouncing Roku logo. If so, try then plugging back up your wireless network. Make sure to troubleshoot in this order, and then let us know if there's any difference afterward.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Cshaffer18
Reel Rookie

Brutal. Bought this Roku 4K+ for my parents last December. They never used it after I left. Came back and now it won’t load past the Bouncing ROKU splash screen with beeping. Have tried all sorts of reboots, resets and power cycling, unplugging. Nothing. It will not boot. What do I do? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Cshaffer18, if it uses a USB power adapter for power are you using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port?  Do you have another one you can try from a phone or tablet?  Have you tried to factory reset it by pressing and holding the reset button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos