Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_debo_
Reel Rookie

Roku returns to screensaver after 20 mins

Last 3 days Roku crashes & returns to screen saver. I have tried everything. I've checked issues posted here going back to 2017 & I've already done them. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku returns to screensaver after 20 mins

@_debo_

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_debo_
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku returns to screensaver after 20 mins

Hi Danny, it took me 1/2 hr to find this again. Remember I'm a newbie. Lol. I'll try to keep it simple. While watching a show, in an app throuh Roku, in EXACTLY 20min, into the program, the screen simply turns purple with Roku on it & will stay there until I go to the Home menu & select the app I was watching, then it will repeat in 20 mins & do it again. Then I give up. Here are the specifics:

1. Model# 2720X

2. Adapter/HDMI

3. WiFi/LG Smart Streaming

4. Simply select the app, in Roku, watch it for 20mins exactly & it returns to the purple screen with Roku on it.

I have checked for updates for All; Roku, the app I watch, my TV & WiFi provider.  I have uninstalled & reinstalled Roku & the app I watch. Now today the voice hasn't matched with programming. I have used this setup for nearly 1 yr without any problems until recently. It seems as though there is a timer on it. I've noticed the Roku device gets hot. Is this normal? Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos