Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhemp
Reel Rookie

Roku restarting repeatedly. Just bought today.

It just won't stay on. It keeps restarting on me. It's getting frustrating. I can't sign into my NHL Gamecenter app fast enough because it just reboots. I'm almost at the point of taking it back to best buy and perhaps investing in Google TV.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku restarting repeatedly. Just bought today.

@Dhemp 

If you have the Roku device powered by your TV's USB power port, try using the supplied power adapter at the wall outlet instead and see if that resolves your issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Dhemp
Reel Rookie

It is plugged into an extension cord that is plugged into a wall outlet. Could that be the reason why?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Dhemp 

I keep mine plugged into surge protectors.  Try without the extension cord. (maybe cord bad).  Alternatively, try using another power adapter. (any 5volt 1amp cell phone charger should work).  Finally, I would try the TV USB power port.  If none of these power supplies work, then you indeed have a faulty/defective device that needs to be replaced.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Dhemp
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the information! I appreciate it. I will give these options a try!