Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku randomly losing wifi connection and low power message.

@Penndragon13 

There are generally four things that seem to cause this low power message/warning.

1. Using an underpowered USB port for power. [Try using a different USB source.  If using TV USB port, use wall power instead.]

2. A failed/failing USB power adapter or cable. [Try replacing with a USB cell phone charging adapter and cable with micro USB on device end].

3. A failed/failing power source. [Eliminate any power strips, surge protectors, or USB hubs for troubleshooting and plug directly into wall outlet.  Verify 120volt at wall outlet.]

4. A failed/failing Roku device or possible firmware/software issue.  [Try performing a Factory Reset on the Roku device.  If no go, then replace Roku device].

---

I can't argue that Roku support and contact options need improvement.  They used to have a pretty robust phone and email support that was quite responsive.

If you try all the above steps and your device is less than a year old, then you should submit a warranty claim (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

mjvr2c
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku randomly losing wifi connection and low power message.

They finally called me back. Given my extensive use of many Roku devices, they are replacing this particular device.

But man it took a lot of hold time, typing, phone time interpretation in translation! I’m still going to have to cart the old device to a shipping location to return it. Not fun!

0 Kudos