Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasterChang
Streaming Star

Roku ongoing problem with return to home screen

Seems this is a problem across all the Roku devices, so it has to be the software and related to a software change.  This has been ongoing since mid June 2021 and before. 

Would common sense not dictate that Roku IT folks or their software programmers reset whatever changes they made back to the "old" version before the problem occurred so the customers can actually use their products while they figure out where the problem is?

I am amazed there has been no fix for this for five or more months at this point?

I would love to hear from someone at Roku about what is actually being done behind the scenes to fix the problem vs someone just collecting data; which tells me they have no idea where the problem is and this is true based on results to solve the problem.

Brian

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Butch522

Re: Roku ongoing problem with return to home screen

We’re having same problem also another where channel buffers and when it comes back it repeats what we just watched this has gone on for an hour until we get fed up 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MasterChang @Butch522

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the Roku device? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MasterChang
Streaming Star

already replaced roku with apple unit.

0 Kudos
LucilleD70

5/3/22

i am having the same problem. I’m watching a movie or just beginning to watch and it cuts off and returns to Roku’s main menu. This happens on Prime and Netflix. I don’t know what Roku is doing about this. I need help!

LucilleD70

0 Kudos
OperatorD80
Streaming Star

@LucilleD70  This post is old and probably unrelated to your issue.  Can you please provide us some information such as which Roku model you are using, Who is your Internet service provider and how fast is your Internet? I can watch Netflix, Prime, Hulu or anything all day long and it never exits to the Home Screen. If you could provide more information we could assist you

0 Kudos