Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peted97
Reel Rookie

Roku “not connected”, remote not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

I recently bought a Roku 4K Streaming Stick (about a month ago). I’m experiencing the same issues listed above. The top right corner of my tv reads “not connected” even though I have tested my wifi connection multiple times. My remote will not work, nor will the hard reset you mentioned lead to a re-pair. Could you please help me out with this?

Model: 3820X // SN: S08Y4259T8JS

Thank you,

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku “not connected”, remote not working

Jump to solution

Hi @ChrisK3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue connecting your Roku device and may be having trouble with the Roku remote.

We recommend following the solution provided by @renojim. If the issue still persists, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

• Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
  • Does connecting to a wireless Hotspot fix?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

We look further hearing from you so we will continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@peted97, are you using the USB cable with the Wi-Fi receiver in it?  Without it, the stick won't work and the remote will do nothing.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
peted97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!! That was the issue. I swapped to a longer cord… 

0 Kudos
muzical1

Jump to solution

Roku Danny, I am having the same issue. My unit was working fine, then it "froze" and now even tho I see the dancing "ROKU" when I plug/unplug, I get "no signal" and the remote won't pair or do anything. I tried to find how to PM you, but can't quite figure that out lol

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@muzical1

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried disconnecting and unplugging your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku screen? If you can get to the Roku main Home screen, we would then recommend trying to reconnect and power up your wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrisK3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R    Is there a resolution for this issue?

Recently moved a streaming stick (model 3820X) from a tv in one room to a different tv in another room. Device worked fine on old tv. Plugged into new tv and it gets to home screen where it says "Not Connected" in the upper right and remote doesn't pair. Have tried the steps to re-pair the remote, reset the wifi network (same network as old tv), used different HDMI inputs...same result.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ChrisK3, did you see my comment above about using the USB cable with the Wi-Fi receiver in it?  Without it, or if it's faulty, your stick will do exactly what you're seeing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ChrisK3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojim  I did see that. I’m unsure why I’d need that when the stick worked just fine without it, just switched tvs. Same location & network 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ChrisK3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue connecting your Roku device and may be having trouble with the Roku remote.

We recommend following the solution provided by @renojim. If the issue still persists, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

• Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
  • Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
  • Does connecting to a wireless Hotspot fix?
  • Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

We look further hearing from you so we will continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ChrisK3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, @RokuMary-F that was it!

0 Kudos