Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasArmstrong
Reel Rookie

Roku model 4630X won't boot

Hi - my old Roku model 4630X was sitting unused for some years. I wanted to start using it again today. Plugged it in, booted and I only see the bouncing Roku logo.... It has been there for 30+ minutes no change.

All this after factory resetting via phisical button. What should I do?

S/N 7KA6AA260567

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku model 4630X won't boot

@ThomasArmstrong

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? When trying to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on screen.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThomasArmstrong
Reel Rookie

I've followed the reset instructions correctly. My Roku has an external wall-outlet power cable/transformer.

Problem persists.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ThomasArmstrong

Thanks for the follow up.

We would recommend first disconnecting/unplugging your wireless router. Then rebooting your Roku device to see if you can get past the bouncing logo screen. If you are able to get to the Roku Home screen, try then reconnecting/plugging back in your wireless router.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos