Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Folltastic

Roku home screen and all channels pixelated

I was recently watching a show on Hulu and went back to resume the episode. When I pressed resume I could hear the show just fine but all I saw was a blue screen (the same blue to light blue gradient currently down on the July 4th updated screen design).

I tried a couple troubleshooting attempts like exiting the program, reopening it, trying another program, trying another show on the program, restarting the show—nothing worked.

I restartedthe system using the restart function in the menu. When the system rebooted everything was pixelated (see picture). I tried restarting again **bleep** I had the same issue.

I'm on version 9.3.0

Build 4170

15938828758167484366630043884854.jpg

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
WasabiNME
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku home screen and all channels pixelated

Mine looks exactly like that. Not just the Home Screen, but everything - all the HDMI inputs, too. Time to throw out the whole TV I guess.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WasabiNME

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WasabiNME
Reel Rookie

It's a TCL Roku TV 55" S403.

Everything – the home screen, every app, every input - is pixelated. It looks like instead of 4K, it's set to some very low resolution like 1366x768, except there are no options to change the resolution anywhere.

i've restarted it normally, I've done the factory reset, I've left it unplugged for an hour or so. Nothing changes. The entire TV looks like somebody's cheap computer monitor from the 1990s.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WasabiNME

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-can you provide more screenshots of the issue you are seeing (we only see the issue in the second picture you provided)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WasabiNME
Reel Rookie

As I already said:

Everything – the home screen, every app, every input - is pixelated.

And again, as I said, it looks like a computer monitor that's normally set to 4K resolution has been changed to something ridiculously low like 1366 x 768. Pictures of pixelated apps don't do justice to how horrible this looks in motion.

The only time anything looks normal is when you restart the TV: for a few seconds, the boot screen TCL/Roku/4K/HDR logos are crystal clear. Then when the screen settles into the normal interface, everything changes to rubbish.

5E99C647-5A43-4CF5-9B3B-9B4BC81ED4AF.jpeg

QTrizBQ

0 Kudos

Following .. I have the same problem.  about the throw away Roku Soundbar.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@AncientAlient

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the Roku Soundbar?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos