Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku/hearing aids/compatability

Jump to solution

The Roku 4800 does support Bluetooth headphones. I have connected my AirPod Pro ear buds without an issue. I can't speak to a hearing aid that has Bluetooth support, as it might not have the proper protocol support to connect to a Roku. But if you put the hearing aid in pairing mode the Roku should see it to connect. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jofearr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion.  My desire is to not have my hearing aids paired to multiple devices.  They are already paired to my iPhone and I can use the iPhone Roku app to listen to the TV via the headphone option.   The problem is that this disables the TV sound so others in the room cannot hear the program.  

The desire is to be able to use the Roku app and listen to sound without muting the TV sound.  Would seem to be the best of both worlds and the simplest solution.  

Jofearr
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I may be missing something here but if it is only she who needs to hear, I think that you can use the iPhone Roku app and activate the headphone option.  If multiple people need to listen at the same time, then I do not have a solution.  That is what I am looking for.  

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

To my understanding at this time, you cannot connect something to a Roku via Bluetooth and have the audio available on both the BT device and the TV speakers. It's either/or at this time. Such a function has been requested in the past, but so far it's not available. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
prc1946

Jump to solution

I think I figured out how to bypass the Roku box limitations when trying to connect my Oticon aids to the Oticon streaming device..  Finding all the connections on our Samsung television are not on the set itself, but instead were actually to an adjacent connecting box-like device (for cable, etc). I had previously purchased a separate little device (approx. 5 years ago) that allowed me connect from the Samsung box to stream the television sound to our built-in ceiling speakers. Instead, I've now used this separate device to connect to the Oticon streaming device.  The label on the little box says BINARY but when I Googled it I couldn't find anything.  If you go to a place like Best Buy or any retailer that sells high end items like this and explain what it is you're looking for, I'm sure they can assist you.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

0 Kudos