Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bacon
Roku Guru

Re: Roku has become worthless without proper frame rate matching

People are saying Netflix now supports frame rate matching on external Roku players. Progress, or a mistake?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Bacon wrote:

People are saying Netflix now supports frame rate matching on external Roku players. Progress, or a mistake?

Partially. So far Netflix has only enabled framerate matching on the latest Roku players using the Realtek 13x chipset. So that's the Ultra 4800 or later, the Express 4K and the Streaming Stick 4K+. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bacon
Roku Guru

Now Roku just needs to implement proper 24.000 AND 24.976 framerate support...

0 Kudos
lakerssuperman
Binge Watcher

23.976 works for me.  It's just 24.000p that doesn't work on my end. Not that I expected anything from it, but OS 12 had no effect on this issue.

mrkalpakkam
Channel Surfer

I have a 4802R. I’m on OS 11.5 and it says latest  OS. It also says I have the latest Netflix app. But I’m still getting 60fps only. Restarted with autoframerate turned on. What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
mrkalpakkam
Channel Surfer

Heard Roku pulled back OS 12 update to fix some issues. Netflix AFR seems like hit or miss. Hope the next app and OS update will fix it. 

0 Kudos
tstrempfer
Reel Rookie

The behavior I'm seeing now is the Roku locks into 24fps (on Amazon). But when I'm done watching, and flip over to 60fps content (like live TV on the Google TV app), the Roku stays at outputting 24fps. Very hard to watch sports... Stutters. The only way I've found to get it back to 60fps is a reboot of the Roku. Until the next time I go and watch 24fps content again. And the same issue continues. 

0 Kudos
Bacon
Roku Guru

The feature is bugged and will lock the OS to 23,974hz if you hit the home button in apps like Prime and YouTube. I recommend keeping it off since it’s still fairly useless without proper integer support. 

decker12
Binge Watcher

Any updates to this absolutely stupid limitation on my Roku Ultra?

A few months ago I switched to using the WebOS on my LG C1 TV because it has no problems handling 24fps. Yeah, the built in apps on my TV can do it, but Roku cannot. I don't get Atmos through my AVR using the WebOS, but everything else works perfectly without the bugs and junk from the Roku Ultra that I got used to.

I was tempted to plug my Roku back in and see if it can manage 24.0fps these days but from the sounds of it, it still can't as of September 2023.

Sloppy, Roku, really sloppy.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for raising your query here at the Roku Community, @decker12!

Please note that when the auto-adjust display refresh rate is disabled, your Roku player outputs all content at 60fps. A movie filmed at 24fps or a video shot at 25fps may exhibit subtle jerkiness due to the conversion to 60fps. To avoid this behavior, follow the provided steps given at our Support link on how to enable auto-adjust display refresh rate. You may also need to adjust the video settings on your TV. 

We'll be looking forward to your response; as we are eager to know more about your input. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos