Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catterbu
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

@RokuDanny-R As I have previously reported my information above, I will not repeat that here, but I did find an additional app that seems to be affected similarly, though it is rendered entirely unusable: Paramount+ (ver 7.7 build 20220929). I have the ad-supported version and the ads load fine initially, but then I get a black screen with the audio playing once the episode begins. So once again, the audio is fine, but the video is nowhere to be found and it is a black screen because it is starting from the very beginning after the ad.

Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

My paramount plus also. By chance is you subscription through Walmart +?
0 Kudos
catterbu
Binge Watcher

Not as far as I am aware.

0 Kudos
Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

Thanks.
Then that's not it. Lol
I too have the limited ad version it says. Not limited really. 😂
0 Kudos
ECP01
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video

Bad news, I did the following thing last night and had the same problems.  Video (DVR) that Had started recording about 10 minutes before I started to watch it, actually started playing about an hour before my corded news (on another program I had DVR'd.  Then when I got to the start of the "news" and then skipped forward past the commercials, the video froze. The audio was playing correctly.

So I've guessing, just as I had done previously, when the version 11.5 was installed it also restarted the Roku.  When I reboot just prior to watching, things are fine, but I have to continually keep rebooting each day.  Sure sounds like a memory leak, but I wouldn't presume to know or assume what the problem might be...

0 Kudos
rodell20
Channel Surfer

So for grins I decided to go through my channels and see what each one did. My results:

FAILED (did not work properly) 

Paramount Plus 
Peacock 
FilmRise British TV 
FilmRise Horror 
The CW 
HBO Max 
Sling 
Court TV 
PBS 

DID NOT FAIL (worked properly) 

Prime Video 
Roku Channel 
Hulu
YouTube

Then I got tired and quit checking. To make it fail all you’ve got to do is hit the right arrow to advance the video and then hit OK button to start again. The audio will fire up and seems to act normally but the video is frozen.

rodell20
Channel Surfer

oh, plus my previously mentioned two channels that also failed:
Plex 
Sky News

0 Kudos
Obadiah

Re: YouTube TV playback issues

Had a Roku Express (purchased seven months ago and playing recordings on Youtube TV was a real problem with buffering, and eventually wouldn't even connect to internet.  I connected a old Apple TV device and it worked perfectly. 

Bought a Roku Express 4k Plus one month ago. Now fast forwarding/rewinding recordings, or rewinding live TV, the video freezes but audio works as it should. First time it happened I restarted the Roku and problem disappeared for a few days, but the problem is back big time now, and won't go away. 

0 Kudos
xackley
Roku Guru

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on most channels.

Beta testers we are not. Obvious you created a big problem that should never have forced on us.

Roll back to the version that worked in September and give us the option to never update the software.

The user base is not hoping for a "new and improved" experience. My house uses the roku more than our $20 android device because we like the ROKU simple interface, and up until now, the ROKU reliability.

Don

Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on most channels.

I concur! Or we should get monetary compensation for solving ourselves!
0 Kudos