Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Recordings freezing up when trying to fast forward through commercials

@devonsvoice

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue you are experiencing. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
punknhedd
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

Hey RokuDanny-R,

We are on page 10 on this thread, but still no solution.  When we will hear something?

0 Kudos
AndrewEM
Reel Rookie

Following.  This is happening on a new streaming stick on multiple apps.  Video locks up on forwarding or rewinding while audio continues.  I tried the network reset fix and that seemed to work for a couple of days but it’s happening again.  Needs to be fixed or I will need to return to Amazon and write the appropriate review.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. At this time I do not have any updates to provide, but rest assured that once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
fnlvnchk12
Channel Surfer

Thank you Danny! That’s really all I wanted to hear. I appreciate your time!

0 Kudos
Rickf1508
Reel Rookie

I turned off band with saver off and it’s seems to have fixed the issue. 

0 Kudos
MitchInMCO
Reel Rookie

I am having this same issue on a TCL Roku TV with the Spectrum TV app cloud DVR when fast forwarding through commercials on recorded shows.  It has been going on for over a month.  I have tried resetting the network connection and power cycling the router/modem and deleting and re-installing the Spectrum TV app.  The issue still happens again regardless of the attempts to fix the issue.

TCL model 65S425

Hardware ID 7133X

Serial number YN00PD693128

Software version 11.5.0 build 4235-30

0 Kudos
AndrewEM
Reel Rookie

Didn’t work for me

0 Kudos
AndrewEM
Reel Rookie

The only thing that works is a restart or a network reconnection.  That clears the problem for a while before it comes back.  Definitely has to be some kind of software problem.

0 Kudos
Rickf1508
Reel Rookie

Like I mentioned taking it off of data saver mode fix it for me. They also said that the Wi-Fi Hass to be on 2.4 GHz so if you have a Wi-Fi that transfers between 2.4 and five they’re saying you have to change the settings, so it stays on 2.4 and my Wi-Fi it said to switch between both and I haven’t had the issue since taken off data saver mode. 

0 Kudos