Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hmelikian
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

Model 3941X express 4K+
software 11.5.0 build 4235-CR

Occurs mostly on Hulu live tv and streaming shows, sometimes with recorded content. Version 6.65 build 1

happens after rewinding. Audio fine but Screen frozen from original position.

Calm
Channel Surfer

I had this problem for a couple of weeks. It then went away for about a week and now has returned. Cannot figure out what causes it to come or what causes it to go. Frustrating!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Recordings freezing up when trying to fast forward through commercials

@VC_4kStick @Checha

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TigerJim

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more detailed information to investigate further. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dseto2024
Reel Rookie

Same here once I hit the home button it goes back to the home page immediately the one that shows Netflix, Youtube tv and all the listings. Anyway press the home 5 times and back button 5 times. Nothing else happens.

0 Kudos
Hmelikian
Reel Rookie

If I am viewing a playback/streaming content, if I simple back out of the program to the episode list or my recording list and then resume, it goes back to where it should be. However, this is useless during a live broadcast (e.g. SPORTS!), where if I back out and restart it just brings me to the current place in the live broadcast. IOW, there is no way to rewind and look again at something that is being broadcast live on Hulu.

0 Kudos
Nixxxed
Reel Rookie

I wanted to follow-up to say that my player has been working well now for a few weeks. I tried several things which did not work: a factory reset, connection reset, changed default resolution to 1080p, and something else about auto-switching the display refresh rate.

The main thing about all these changes was that the restart screen (with the jumping Roku logo) always appeared to be frozen and silent when I rebooted the machine after power-off, or restarted through the home screen menu (Settings / System / Power / System Restart). I somehow stumbled across the instructions to restart using the remote control, and that finally seems to have solved my problem: Press Home 4 times, Up arrow 1 time, Rewind 2 times, and Fast Forward 2 times. Like a few others have said, my Roku appeared to get stuck for a few minutes after this key sequence, but it finally restarted and showed the full logo animation and sounds.

I don't know the difference between the menu restart and the remote restart, but the remote control restart worked for me. And to be on the safe side, I have repeated it about once a week. I'm still on the same build as before - 11.5.0 - Build 4235-CR - but now it works, for whatever reason.

If I can help the tech team with any other info, Roku device logs, etc. - please feel free to let me know.

Good luck, everyone!

morrillchris13
Reel Rookie

It's now over six weeks without any direct contact, update on the situation except vague references to technicians working on it, or solutions. I have four other Roku units and have never had issues. But I would appreciate if someone from Roku reached out to talk about a replacement unit. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
devonsvoice
Binge Watcher

This issue has been going on for months, since I got the Roku 4K stick. Doesn’t happen on my other TV with the previous Roku Streaming Stick+. Happens on live TV, recordings, everything. Happens during commercials, during the shows themselves, and it’s random. 

Model 3820X, Ser # X01700HPSL3C, Software version 11.5.0, build 4235-CU

0 Kudos