Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECP01
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video

Add YouTube TV to the list app if it hasn't already been added.  Brought up YouTube TV and wanted to go back from where I was in the video.  Video froze while the audio played normally.  Rebooted my ROKU Ultra and then everything worked.  So rebooting does seem like a temporary fix.  But sure is not a solution! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

In order to make sure this thread doesn't have mixed issues, if you have not already, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Calm
Channel Surfer

I figured out how to get a Tracker ID.

72A88838-C1DF-433B-8801-B49C4DF02D72.jpeg

0 Kudos
dseto2024
Reel Rookie

How did you get that tracker ID? Can you put in the steps here.

0 Kudos
punknhedd
Channel Surfer

There are multiple threads with very similar symptoms: video freezes (after fast forward, rewind, commercial break, etc.) but audio continues.  We're supposed to provide a bunch of information so the proper Roku team can investigate.  This has been going on for over a month now, and I have not seen any solution, work around, or explanation.

A system restart seems to make the symptoms go away for sometime, but then they return.  Is this a cache or memory leak issue?

Can we get some action instead of the same throw away lines?

TigerJim

Re: Recordings freezing up when trying to fast forward through commercials

Having the same exact issue with using YouTube TV with Streaming Stick 4K. Always freezes when using either fast forward or rewind while in play mode. Pause and play restart working perfectly. FF or Rewind always result in frozen screen with audio only forward or backward. Very frustrating and causing us to re-think use of Roku for other TV's in the household. Looking for rapid solution.

josuchmi
Reel Rookie

So, a new problem developed yesterday. When I paused a recording, restart it, my screen would be black, had audio, no video. I unplugged all connections to my Roku, counted to 30, plugged them back in, power cycled both the tv and Roku, solved that issue and, so far, the FF and rewind issue. Don't know if it will last but I'm happy to have those functions back ATM.

0 Kudos
Calm
Channel Surfer

Roku (2).jpg

While the video is frozen

1.  Press the home button on the right 5 times.

2.  Then press the back level button on the left 5 times.

That should give you a screen with the Tracker ID

0 Kudos
VC_4kStick

Actually the streaming stick 4K freezes video on any recorded program or live TV when fast forwarding or rewinding in time.  The same issue: video freezes but audio has the correct index in time.  This started happening when I replaced an older Roku streaming stick recently with the 4K model.  After installing the new stick the Roku device updated itself and I have had the problem ever since.  Rebooting does make it behave for a short period then the problem comes back.  Specifics:

Model:  3820X

Serial #:  X01700MU5N8A

Software version:  11.5.0, build 4235=CU

Device ID:  S08Y42745N8A

I tried getting the Target ID by hitting the home button 5 times and then the back button 5 times but nothing happened other than the Roku going back to Home.

As I indicated earlier this was not a problem previously.

0 Kudos
Checha

Model 3820X Stick 4K

Serial# X01700WSXV19

Device ID S08Y4KSXV19

Software 11.5.0 build 4235-CU

I hit “home” button 5 times and “back” button 5 times per your instructions and did not get an ID

0 Kudos