Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

@Calm

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brucerpeterson
Channel Surfer

It's been weeks now and all you do is respond with platitudes. Always the same response, no action. When will something be done or are there no more engineers left at Roku?

dseto2024
Reel Rookie

Same here won't play last night episode of Law and Order Organized crime. I have to use the computer to view it.

0 Kudos
RushingStreams
Channel Surfer

Just wanted to give an update; my Roku Express 4K+ has been working great again for the past three days. I didn't change anything, nor has there been a firmware update. I wish I knew what fixed it. Both of my issues are gone: (1) still image on FF/REW and (2) disconnected from wi-fi upon power-on. Hope everyone gets their Roku's working normally again soon.

0 Kudos
Gsm55

This is happening to me also.  I have to reboot daily and at times that doesn’t even help.  Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
stevefromdaburb
Reel Rookie

So here is the weird part.  The box might not be the problem, but something at Roku.  Why?  Because the boxes have the same updates in them that they had when this first started.  And it would be different boxes worked at different times; one might work today and not tomorrow.  I can say that now, after about a few days, all boxes are working on all apps, without fail.  Do I have any confidence in Roku now?  Nope.  

I had since moved onto plan B which is Apple TV.  Premium price, but premium service and hardware. And everything just works.  Have had zero Apple TV issues.  They have upgraded their platform to allow more apps and while I don't like the restrictions at Apple that Roku doesn't have on what apps they allow, they have enough to support everything I use.  

What got me about Roku is that there is NO agent support on the little boxes/sticks we all bought and are having problems with.  That is fascinating.  Buyer beware, the $50, or whatever you pay for the boxes is nothing compared to the frustration you experience trying to get stuff like this resolved.  And not knowing tomorrow if it'll happen again.  If it does, you can only post to the board and hope someone cares enough to look into it.  

So my issues are solved, not sure what or how, no update has come in and boxes are again working.  Why?  No idea and no response from anyone as to what causes/caused this and why.  Life as a mushroom. Keep you in the dark and feed you XXXX.  No more, I'll take my chances with Apple and maybe a worm will be in one of the apple boxes at some point, but at least I have someone to contact and speak to if there is a problem.  

Calm
Channel Surfer

My problem persists.  Note it also happens when going in fast reverse.

I cannot generate a Tracker ID with 5 home and 5 back buttons.  Anyone else having trouble with that?  Could Roku give me the instructions again?  I’m missing something.

Thanks

Calm

0 Kudos
brucerpeterson
Channel Surfer

We're on the same wavelength. Although I haven't yet made the switch, I'll probably do it though because the Charter Spectrum app is not available on Apple (to my knowledge), I'll be going with the Google Chromecast. Hopefully Google has some degree of support, something which is totally lacking at Roku.

0 Kudos
dano23
Channel Surfer

I have had this same issue since upgrading to OS 11.5. HDCP errors are fixed but now content that I most want to fast forward (I.e. recorded with commercials) suffers from this problem. It is extremely annoying.

I have restarted, reinstalled, multiple times  

After waiting about 4-5 months for Roku to fix the HDCP issues I am not waiting around this time. I have lost all confidence in Roku. I’m looking at the FireTV Cube. Others?

model: 4800x

Device ID: S02A20AEXGCL

Software OS: 11.5.0 

Tracker ID not available. 

0 Kudos
BillW5
Channel Surfer

To get the tracker ID I might have had to press the buttons more than 5 times. When the problem occurs I pressed the home button 5-6 times. The TV goes to the home menu and then beeps at me each time I press the home button. I press the back button (the left arrow button next to the home button) 5 or more times and then a little menu pops up with the error information.

0 Kudos