Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brucerpeterson
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

It's been weeks now with this problem and Roku is maintaining radio silence. Are they ever going to do anything about it? Do they care? Is it time to switch to another streaming device because they just don't give a **bleep** about their customers? 

flickind

What are some options out there? We are frustrated, too.

0 Kudos
catterbu
Binge Watcher

@flickind What has been working for me (until they come out with a new version that does not require playing around with settings) from someone earlier in the thread:

I was experiencing the same problems with Roku and found that turning on “Auto-adjust display refresh rate” seemed to fix the problems.  Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate > ON
0 Kudos
RushingStreams
Channel Surfer

Back to square one for me plus an extra step backward. The network reset method worked for a day, but now video is freezing again. The display refresh rate method didn't work at all for me. I now also have to manually connect to my network every time I power on the Roku.

@RokuDanny-R, do you need all my information again (i.e. model, tracker ID), in light of this new network connection issue?

0 Kudos
Stream54567
Reel Rookie

@RushingStreams @Try the fix I posted about a week ago.

brucerpeterson
Channel Surfer

I tried the switching auto-adjust display refresh rate "solution" and it seems to have worked for me. However I continue to be nervous. If this is truly a fix, why hasn't Roku endorsed it? I didn't try Stream54567's "solution" because the other "solution" seems to have worked for me. It's certainly nice to have users like you all come up with work arounds but I'm not convinced that any of them get at the root cause of the problem. This should be a minor bug introduced in a firmware update and if Roku put any resources on it at all they should be able to fix it quickly but they seem to be totally uninterested in solving the problem. I've started researching alternative streaming devices and the Google Chromecast TV, HD or 4K, seem to be fairly equivalent devices to the Rokus. Perhaps they have some manner of customer support which seems to be totally lacking from Roku.

Calm
Channel Surfer

I just bought a new Roku and have experienced this problem.

-Roku device model – 3820x – Streaming Stick

-Serial number – x01700kw1eak

-Device ID – s08y426w1eak

-Software OS/version – 11.5.0 build 4235-cu

-Channel – Youtube TV – Version 2.22 Build 105005569

-Tracker ID – Could not reproduce.  Will add this info if problem recurs

0 Kudos
Calm
Channel Surfer

Well I spoke too soon.  This evening the video froze on every fast forward on YouTube TV.  Possibly gets worse with longer use?  Heat?

Going to Primary/Secondary audio freed it up each time.

0 Kudos
Whays

I am having the same issue on one of my 3 Rokus. Waiting and watching to see he there is a fix. It’s driving me crazy 

0 Kudos
Not_Impressed
Reel Rookie

What a joke.  I usually go with Apple TVs and thought I’d save a few bucks by trying Roku. I was already irritated that the 4K+ was constantly reshuffling my apps after I arranged them. I’ve already had to reset it a couple times because the interface gets laggy. 

Now this. It even manages to freeze up before or after the ad breaks on the Roku channel so that I have to exit out and come back and get stuck watching a double set of commercials. No more Roku for me. Ever. 

0 Kudos