Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stream54567
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

Try the audio change workaround I posted a few days back. Works for me.

0 Kudos
Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

Me also. Is it me or the Express product line only experiencing continuous problems?

This and many others on my 4k+ . Everytime I discovered a work around it is hours until it stops working. 

I can say Netflix prime Hulu  which I pay for outside of Roku work fine. Have worked before .

By choosing any budget friendly player unsupported less than $70 you will make that difference up in frustration and wasted time being your own product support agent.

In a state of frustration would I be inclined to just upgrade to solve my relentless issues?

I did ONCE! LOL!

I TOO have 4235-cr.

🙄🤔

0 Kudos
BillW5
Channel Surfer

This problem only happens occasionally for me. I haven't tried the recent suggestion for helping the problem. It just happened now:

Model: 3941X Roku express 4K+

Serial: X01600K6UJH6 (S07P2176UJH6)

Software: 11.05.0 build 4235CR

2022-11-03T20:08:47Z

issue ID H6-441-848

UTube TV: version 2.22 build 105005569

The error was that I paused a recording (or FF or FR) and when I tried to start playing the show the video was frozen. The audio and CC played as it should have.

0 Kudos
Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

Yep mine has resurfaced again.
Exact same details.
😠
0 Kudos
BillW5
Channel Surfer

I just had the video freeze problem again on a second Model: 3941X Roku express 4K+ that we have. Again on Utube TV. The Issue ID was YW-442-189.

0 Kudos
Nixxxed
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem.  I first noticed something wrong when trying to delete my Halloween wallpaper yesterday.  Changing the wallpaper caused the device to freeze and reboot after several minutes.  Now, streaming video freezes to a still image (audio not affected) if I try to interact with the stream in any way.  Also, when trying to reboot/restart, the ROKU logo jumping animation is skipped.  The ROKU logo is shown, but the homepage shows up immediately after. 

Model: 3941X - RokuExpress 4K+
Serial number: X01600ERU1JP (S07P222RU1JP)
Software version: 11.5.0 - build 4235-CR
Timestamp: 2022-11-04T22:52:20Z
Issue ID: JP-443-452

I recently upgraded to the Express 4K+ about a month ago.  Should I also submit a support ticket, or just wait for the software update?

0 Kudos
usnavyrp
Channel Surfer

From Adam100; I did it, works.

Here’s how I solved the video playback freezing problem step by step:

Go to settings.

Go to system.

Go to advanced system settings.

Go to Network connection reset.

Reset connection.

This will erase both wired and/or wireless network settings, simply put, it will disconnect your Roku device from your wifi/internet router.

After you “reset connection,” your Roku device will automatically restart.

When your Roku device automatically turns back on, re-enter your wifi/internet information into the Roku device; this is your router network name and password. If you don’t know your network name and password, it should be labeled somewhere on your wifi/internet router.

If you don’t know how to re-enter your wifi/internet information into the Roku device, here’s the steps:

Go to settings.

Go to network.

Go to set up connection.

Your Roku device will walk you through the rest.

Problem solved!

0 Kudos
usnavyrp
Channel Surfer

CR. Here’s how I solved the video playback freezing problem step by step:

Go to settings.

Go to system.

Go to advanced system settings.

Go to Network connection reset.

Reset connection.

This will erase both wired and/or wireless network settings, simply put, it will disconnect your Roku device from your wifi/internet router.

After you “reset connection,” your Roku device will automatically restart.

When your Roku device automatically turns back on, re-enter your wifi/internet information into the Roku device; this is your router network name and password. If you don’t know your network name and password, it should be labeled somewhere on your wifi/internet router.

If you don’t know how to re-enter your wifi/internet information into the Roku device, here’s the steps:

Go to settings.

Go to network.

Go to set up connection.

Your Roku device will walk you through the rest.

Problem solved!

0 Kudos
RushingStreams
Channel Surfer

The network reset does fix the problem, but it also creates a new one for me, although it is much less annoying than the original issue. Now my Roku won't auto-connect to the network upon start up. Now it always starts up in "Not Connected" and I have to go to Settings and reconnect, but the wifi password is pre-filled, and I only have to click "Connect". Videos don't freeze anymore but auto-connect to wifi still need a fix.

0 Kudos
Ral3

I changed stream quality at gear button with some success. 

0 Kudos