Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: apps freezing if pause, rewind or ff . Live tv freezing

I'm having the same issue. Roku, I think it's time you do another update to fix this issue. Please!

Sincerely, Frustrated Customer 

brucerpeterson
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

Same problem. I've only tried the Spectrum app and it fails miserably there.

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600NGRW95

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-CR

Device id: S07P216GRW95

Tracker id: 95-440-345

It seems like a lot if not all of the people have this problem and it's been happening for over a week and yet there seems to be no resolution to the problem. Are you working on it?

dot911

I also have the stuck video screen issue on Youtube TV.   Tried reinstalling and restarting without success. 

Roku Model 3941X 

Software 11.5.0 build 4236-CR

Please provide a fix.  

bleo

Same issue here. Dropped my display resolution from 1080 to 720 in Roku settings and seems to have fixed the issue. Obviously not a solution, but at least I can watch things until Roku resolves the issue with an update.

Allie1A
Reel Rookie

I was experiencing the same problems with Roku and found that turning on “Auto-adjust display refresh rate” seemed to fix the problems.  Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced display settings > Auto-adjust display refresh rate > ON

Of course, I only discovered this after trying all the recommended fixes in this thread. 🙄

0 Kudos
rodell20
Channel Surfer

@Allie1A 

Thanks. I went in and tried that, then went to Plex channel and it did not fix it for me. I rebooted the box and confirmed the auto-adjust setting was still on, and it still did not work.

0 Kudos
catterbu
Binge Watcher

Tried the the Auto-adjust display refresh rate change as well. This did NOT change the issue. Specifically, I just tried it with HBO Max (details may be found in my previous post for build) to skip forward and the dialogue skipped ahead, but not the picture, just like it has for the last week. 

0 Kudos
Allie1A
Reel Rookie

It fixed it for me and just thought I would pass it along.  The channels that were issues for me were Peacock, Rumble and Live TV.  Sorry it didn’t help you.

brucerpeterson
Channel Surfer

Although I see your "fix" didn't work for everyone, it did work for me. Thanks.

rodell20
Channel Surfer

so, after seeing it did work for @brucerpeterson, I decided to try again on a different channel. And I found that it did work on other channels. So I went back to Plex, the one I had tested with the new setting before, and now it works. Very interesting. So it seems all channels are back working now. I don't get it, but at least I'm up and running again.