Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

@rodell20

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
catterbu
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R As the issue persists, I tried another channel that failed: Funimation (ver. 2.7 build 1135). And now Criterion Channel has the video freezing after about one second. And my internet connection is "Excellent" on the Roku + it is quite fast.

0 Kudos
Marvelous3215
Channel Surfer

apps freezing if pause, rewind or ff . Live tv freezing

If I try to fast forward, rewind or pause on Paramount+, HBOMAX, Hulu, Peacock or Netflix it stays froze on the same screen but can hear the audio.   When I try to watch live tv it eventually freezes and while I can hear sound, the screen is completely frozen.

Help1244

Yes this is happening to me as well. Very frustrating 

Stream54567
Reel Rookie

This started for me on 10/29. Definitely YoutubeTv and Philo. Video does not resync but audio continues.

WE NEED THIS FIXED!!!!

0 Kudos
Stream54567
Reel Rookie

TEMPORARY WORKAROUND UPDATE:

YoutubeTv - switching audio from primary to secondary, then back again resyncs video.

• On a channel, press arrow down
  • Press down to highlight 3 dots on lower left
  • Press down to select primary 
  • Press OK. Move cursor to Secondary, Press OK
  • Do all the above again, Press OK on Secondary 
  • Move cursor up to select Primary, Press OK
wpmoore

This is happening to me on my Roku 4k+ but not on Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Brooklynn72180
Channel Surfer

Re: apps freezing if pause, rewind or ff . Live tv freezing

This is happening to me as well, across all channels/apps!  I can't do anything but watch completely through or I end up with frozen picture but moving program.  I've checked for updates, but this started after the latest Roku update, which for me was 10/27. 

Brooklynn72180
Channel Surfer

This is happening to me as well since the latest update, making most channels/apps unusable. Happening on my Roku stick, not my Roku tv, but that hasn't updated yet.  Please find a solution for this, watching TV should not be stressful! 

catterbu
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R Another aspect to this: I use the same Roku on two different TVs. Both have an excellent connection to fast internet. However, the one with the larger screen has had more pronounced issues. Did the update do something that would affect the devices ability to project images onto larger screens?

0 Kudos