Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catterbu
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku fast forward moves audio but not video on YouTube TV.

@RokuDanny-R 

These channels are affected: HBO Max (ver. 52.45 build 9), Disney+ (ver. 1.26 build 2022101900), YouTubeTV (ver. 2.22 build 105005569), CrunchyRoll (ver. 4.7 build 999), HiDive (ver. 1.5 build 2), Criterion Channel (ver. 7.601 build 1) and Netflix (ver. 5.3 build 105088010).

These channels ARE NOT affected: Amazon Prime Video and Hulu.

Roku device model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number: X01600NV9J4E

Device ID: S07P427V9J4E

Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4225-CR

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@catterbu

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rawracer77
Reel Rookie

A new update has come out and it fixed the issue for me. 

0 Kudos
catterbu
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

With the update to ver. 11.5.0 build 4235-CR, I found that only Disney+ and YouTubeTV are now working as expected. All other apps still have the same issues. It is NOT fixed yet.

0 Kudos
TomSKP
Reel Rookie

Hey Danny, as engineering giving you any solutions?

My wife who very seldom records anything, did so to a movie, and today went to replay it I had the same doggone problem on her Roku on a different TV.

I would like this to be solved, I don't want to have to trash the Roku for both TVs and start over again

0 Kudos
xackley
Roku Guru

I am guessing some genius programmer at ROKU inserted some sort of acceleration  that is breaking many channels.

It is now dangerous to touch any control while viewing for fear of having the exit and restart. Some times one gets lucky and the video resumes in the correct location. Some times not, depending on the channel. 

I have checked for roku updates daily. There have been 2 updates since this started to happen that I installed through the Systems menu. No improvement.

I have checked for channel updates. Only Youtube had an update, but it fixed nothing.

At one point even the dancing roku on start up was being skipped over, but now is dancing as it has for the last few years.

Please roll every thing back a few versions so the roku functions correctly and figure out in house what went wrong.

3941x, currently on 11.5.0 4235

Thank you

Don

Edit: after posting the above I purposely test a few channels.

Youtube worked correctly most the time, a few locked up the video with the audio following the fast forward and rewind. I looked at "stats for nerds" but saw no clue when looking at the codecs as to why some videos work correctly and some get stuck.

Pluto on demand video gets stuck while subtitles and audio move with the fast forward and rewind.

Tubi same as the above.

Paramount+ movies same as above

AMC+ same as above

Peacock is even worse. Video gets stuck when switching from ad  just before the show starts. When pressing play on a "resume" it is stuck after the first few frames. Audio and subtitles continue?

0 Kudos
rawracer77
Reel Rookie

I thought the lastest code fixed the issue, in fact I know I tried the channels that were giving me issues and they worked immediately after the update. The next day, they were back to having the issue again. I troubleshoot odd issues all the time but that is very peculiar. 

Anyway, yes, the issue is still there.

0 Kudos
rodell20
Channel Surfer

I’m having the exact same problem. I haven’t bothered to figure out which apps work and which don’t since I see it’s a problem a lot of people are having. I know that Tubi and Sky News are not working on my device. Hope someone is working on this as I won’t live with it for very long. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you have not already, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rodell20
Channel Surfer

• Model: 3941X
  • Serial no: X016003VSEFF
  • Device ID: S07P217VSEFF
  • Software ver: 11.5.0 bld 4235-CR
  • Happens on ALL channels I’ve used (Tubi, Plex, Sky News)
  • Tracker ID: FF-431-549
0 Kudos