Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bflood603
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express 4k+ will only power on if unplugged from outlet and replugged back in

Jump to solution

Yes, I have disabled the 20 minute power off. The roku is powered from an outlet and the OS is up to date 10.5. I'm pretty disappointed as this is my first venture into streaming so I can dump all my monthly rental fees and hefty cable bill. Is there anything else I can try? I'd like to correct this issue before purchasing at least 3 more Roku devices for my remining TV's.

0 Kudos
RonPlano
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express 4k+ will only power on if unplugged from outlet and replugged back in

Jump to solution

It is plugged into wall.   

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I think it's worth noting here that this thread died out in November of last year, and then it got bumped up and I'm not really sure that the two recent posters have the exact same issue as the three 2021 posters.  (Since their issue was fixed by just turning off the 20-minute power saving feature.)

For the recent, posters: you come back in the morning and see what?  Does pressing the Home button on the Roku remote produce any response?  If so, what happens then?

I still have the power saving feature enabled on my Express 4K+, so, when I come back in the morning, I get "No signal" from my TV, but then I press Home and the Roku wakes up.  If I turned the power saving feature off, then when I turned the TV on in the morning, I would expect to see a screen saver of some sort.  Either my selected Roku screen saver (clock) or if I had left it in a streaming app – some of them have their own screen savers – I think Amazon's for example is just black so it looks kind of "off" but it's not.

0 Kudos
bflood603
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Ruko is plugged directly into a wall outlet. I must have missed the advice to use the home button to wake up the Ruko. That worked perfectly. Thanks..

0 Kudos
RonPlano
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We just installed a mesh WiFi system (eero 6) and now the Roku works correctly.  
thanks 

0 Kudos
Sky03

Jump to solution

If you unplug from outlet for more then an hour does it rest your Roku ? 

0 Kudos