Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express 4K+ device is not turning on with the TV.

@seckert92

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the newest Roku OS 10.5 has added a new Power item in Settings > System menu for some Roku models. If you have this Power item, under Auto power savings see if deactivating after 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RNC21
Reel Rookie

I have exactly the same problem and just disabled the power option.  I will continue to monitor but that does appear to have solved the problem

0 Kudos
trekker1949
Reel Rookie

I had the auto power off problem as well. I had three devices and only one was having the issue. I tested the auto power off option as suggested and it worked, but I had already got an RMA and sent the device back for replacement. 

I got the replacement device and it too has the auto power off problem. I looked at the serial numbers of all three of my devices, and it appears that the one having the issue has the most recent serial number. I would have to guess that this problem is associated with the newer manufactured devices.

I have no problems with the auto power option disabled and will continue to use the device as such.

0 Kudos
Liajoy

I was having the same problem. I followed your advice and changed the power setting. It seems to have worked, thanks!

0 Kudos
camerabob

Same problem with my 4kplus. learned that I start TV with 4kplus remote, and then press the reset button on back of streaming device. easier than unplugging method. will try the settings method, but like the time out feature.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@camerabob, you shouldn't have to press the reset button.  Pressing any non-TV control on the remote (i.e., not the power or volume/mute buttons) should wake the stick.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Onebadcookie
Reel Rookie

Hello, I have the same problem and I have mine plugged into the wall outlet. TV powers on but not the ROKU (using the remote). I noticed if I shut the TV and ROKU off it will turn back on as long as the blue light on the device is glowing but after awhile the blue light goes out that's when it won't power back on unless I unplug the power cord and plug it back in. The blue light comes back on and the device will turn on. Any ideas? I'm lost!

0 Kudos
Squidbilly
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I took my Roku back to the store and bought a firestick and have had no problems watching TV ever since.

0 Kudos
Onebadcookie
Reel Rookie

Thanks. I removed my Firestick and replaced it with ROKU. I put A ROKU Streaming Stick 4K on my main TV and it works fine, just having issues with the Express 4K.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Onebadcookie, Rokus don't really turn off, so there's no need to try to turn it on.  If you have a power button on your Roku remote it's only for the TV.  Try using the Home button on the Roku remote to wake your Roku device.  You can also turn off "Auto power saving" under Settings->System->Power to keep it from sleeping.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.