Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cassandramuhr1
Reel Rookie

Roku express 4K+ Buffering/networks won’t play

I just purchased a roku express 4K+ and all the subscribed channels buffer to 99%. (I.e ABC, NBC, CourtTV, CBS, PBS) i can’t watch Netflix or prime video or anything….. it just buffers. I have excellent wireless connection, I have factory default reset, I have reset/restarted from the remote, I have unplugged for 30 seconds and plugged back in, I have tried everything! I HATE that I can’t get a customer service rep via phone call…. What should I do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express 4K+ Buffering/networks won’t play

Exactly how are you watching NBC, ABC or CBS? Through a live TV streaming service such as YouTube TV? Buffering is 100% always internet connection. You say it says excellent connection but what is the speed? Run a connection check. How far is your Roku from your modem/ router? Have you tried 2.4GHz and the 5.0GHz? How fast is your internet? I have 6 Roku devices. All hooked to my Cox gateway modem. I have 500 Mbps internet. My TCL Roku TV connection check is 189 Mbps. You need ATLEAST 25 Mbps to stream properly. Is your Roku up tp date? 

0 Kudos
cassandramuhr1
Reel Rookie

I watch them through a paid cable service. All of those great suggestions have been checked. I have a roku stick and just wanted to upgrade to the 4K+ express. The stick works amazingly and every other device connected to the internet and (there aren’t many) are working famously. It’s so strange. Actually when I reset everything, I can get the first try of Netflix or NBC to work and then after that they just sit at 99% and the circle goes round and round. We’ve come to the conclusion that the box is faulty and they’re sending me a new one. I hope that works. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Paid cable service? Or do you mean a live tv service such as YouTube TV? Or are you logging into these channels with your cable TV provider credentials? I have 6 Roku devices. Not one issue. Ever. Why do you need to log into 3rd party apps such as CBS with your cable TV credentials anyways? Dumb cable TV and switch to YouTube TV, Hulu with Live TV or DirecTV Stream

0 Kudos