Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibjw58
Channel Surfer

Roku channel won't play anything back

I have 2 Roku Ultras and a Stick+. When I try to play any content, it crashes the App. Was working fine as of 1am yesterday. Never had this issue before. Restarted and reset everything, including Router... didn't work. You guys REALLY NEED a Tech. Support Ph.# for these kind of issues. Every other App. works fine, it's only yours. Issue appears to be on your end. I'm in the U. S. 

7 REPLIES 7
ibjw58
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel won't play anything back

Issue fixed... Thanks! 

0 Kudos
ChrissyMarie
Binge Watcher

Is yours also working for a few min then getting stuck on commercials? I agree they either need a phone # or a customer chat. They also need to take feedback to fix these bugs. I did a feedback on the app but they don’t let you put specifically what is happening. 

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

@ChrissyMarie wrote:

Is yours also working for a few min then getting stuck on commercials? I agree they either need a phone # or a customer chat. They also need to take feedback to fix these bugs. I did a feedback on the app but they don’t let you put specifically what is happening. 

It appears that @ibjw58 reported that the issue was fixed for them.

I have not experienced any issue with The Roku Channel myself.

0 Kudos
ChrissyMarie
Binge Watcher

@Boz @Yes that’s exactly what is happening on the Roku channel  . Same on the feedback wish they let you type in what the issue is exactly.

0 Kudos
Olderthandirt50
Reel Rookie

The issue I experienced was on a FireTV, using the Roku App.

Roku customer service was no help.  Their focus is sending stock instructions regard a Roku device.  Although I own a Roku device, I was not using it on the FireTV; the problem was with the App.  The Roku App was the only App not working.

After signing in and out of my account and deleting and reinstalling the App several times, in different combinations, I gave up.

I reset the TV to factory settings, reinstalled all my Apps, and the Roku App finally worked.

0 Kudos
ibjw58
Channel Surfer

No, Mine was not doing that.

0 Kudos
shiwoe84
Binge Watcher

Is yours additionally operating for a few min then getting stuck on classified ads? I agree they either need a telephone # or a customer chat. They also need to take feedback to repair these bugs.

0 Kudos