Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danyelunn
Channel Surfer

Roku channel live network error

I am experiencing the same network issue on my TCL 50" Roku TV when watching Live TV on the Roku Channel. It happens roughly 20 to 30 minutes into Live TV playback. Restarting the Roku seems to solve the issue, but then it will re-appear again 20 - 30 minutes into Live TV playback. The strangest thing is that the error message appears in a pop-up, but playback is indeed continuing in the backgroud... which tells me this is obviously some kind of bug. Clicking on 'OK' throws me out to the home screen. Please help!

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel live network error

Hello @danyelunn

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
danyelunn
Channel Surfer

It happens on the Roku Channel with my Paramount + premium subscription… unfortunately Roku does not allow me to remove The Roku Channel :(.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Sergeypech
Reel Rookie

What solved it for me was updating my tcl tv. Go into the options/settings menu and update the tv software. Then if not done yet update roku channel and any other addons giving you trouble....this solved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
danyelunn
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the feedback. Updating the system and apps usually does the trick for me also when experiencing issues… but unfortunately there are no TCL system or app updates available as of this moment so still stuck with this issue. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @danyelunn

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing?

1. Have you tried restarting your Router? 
2. Is there an error message when attempting to stream the channel? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?
3. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
danyelunn
Channel Surfer

I have tried restarting my router, yes. As mentioned above the issue happens 20 to 30 minutes into live tv streaming. Here is a picture of the error message. The interesting thing is that the live stream continues in the background of this popup… once I click OK or hit the back button I get kicked to the home screen. Thanks!

9381E352-D3D4-4B21-9FB0-985F284D7303.jpeg

0 Kudos
Sergeypech
Reel Rookie

if no update try doing hard reset of tv. go to settings and restart. then after restart, start tv up and then unplug for about 2 min. plug in and hopefully it will be solved. i do this when my remote or tv start acting up

0 Kudos
Sergeypech
Reel Rookie

if all this does not work...wait a day, sometimes apps are getting updates and not announcing leading to user problems....if problems continue you may have to factory reset tv and start again...not a big deal with roku as when you put user info in all your apps will restore

0 Kudos
danyelunn
Channel Surfer

For the record: still having this issue despite all suggestions made in this thread. If anybody has more ideas, please let me know. I may be forced to cancel my Roku Channel premium subscription soon if I can't find a solution... it's unusable due to this issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos