Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku and App UIs display but only black screen for content

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please be advised that we are aware of the issue and the appropriate Roku team is currently looking into this. In the meantime, please provide us with all this information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
POSsystem

Re: No video from any channel

@renojim I'm having the same problem and I. Don't have another tv or device to check with

0 Kudos
Luckyone
Reel Rookie

I too have the same issue. I have all channels and they are there visually (DirectTV, Roku, Hulu, etc). Nonetheless, when I try to play anything, I hear the sound but there is no streaming "video". I can see. I use the back and forward function and do see the pictures of the scenes below but it does not stream visually when playing. The sound streams but not the video. What can I do? I have checked everywhere for a solution and have tried resetting the Roku account but the end result is the same every time.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Hopefully @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D will stop by to offer suggestions.

Other people with the same or similar problem have stated that unplugging the power from the TV for a minuter or two and plugging it back in solved their problem.  It's worth a shot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ciac

I am having the same issues. I have tried it on different tv, different hdmi and even changing the settings but nothing works.

Model-3940RW-  Roku Express 4K

serial Number -X01600MEU621

Device ID- S07R515EU621

Software version- 10.5.0 •build 4187-CR

@RokuKariza-D 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@mrliu @Ciac

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed them along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further. Once we got an update, we'll make sure to post an update in this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Shadow-548

Upgrade to 10.5 and now no video or sound to any channel

I upgraded my 3941x to 10.5 and now I get no video or sound to any of my channels Netflix, Amazon prime, Xfinity... etc.  I have a Vizio Smart TV.  Has anyone experienced this problem? 

0 Kudos

Re: Audio but no picture.

I’m having the same issue. Menu, audio, And subtitles are working just no picture when I play something. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting options on this post 

0 Kudos
Luckyone
Reel Rookie

Re: Black screen on new device

I don't know what to make of this but I called Direct TV (my streaming service) and since I have 2 Rokus (one in the bedroom and one in the living room) and the other one is working fine, I was told to try this new Roku on my old tv and try the old Roku on this TV and lo and behold, the new Roku worked fine on the old TV and the old Roku did not work on this TV. This leads me to believe it is not the Roku itself that is not working. 

Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem. I still cannot see any streaming video. I hear the audio fine, everything else is fine but no streaming video. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Luckyone
Reel Rookie

I have been at this for over 5 hours and talked to people at both AT&T and Direct TV and they checked the connections to the streaming services and they are fine. The Roku machine is fine also as I put on my other TV and it works fine. 

On this last call, the person I was talking to and after explaining everything to them, said that the probability is that the there is a problem with the compatibility between the TV manufacturer itself and the Roku machine. 

I cannot think of anything else it could be. 

0 Kudos