Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonnielt
Reel Rookie

Roku Wireless Speakers not found

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post. I'm not seeing anything that is recent (August 2022) or exactly what I'm experiencing. I've followed every possible setup and troubleshooting step yet my brand new wireless speakers are not "found." Speakers are next to the TV, no other device using WiFi nearby (router is across the room), flashing LED lights. Getting frustrated. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Wireless Speakers not found

I have to ask a possibly dumb question, are you trying to connect them to a Roku TV?
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim

I have to ask a possibly dumb question, are you trying to connect them to a Roku TV?

0 Kudos
bonnielt
Reel Rookie

Yep, TCL 43S421

0 Kudos
renojim

I don't have the wireless speakers, but I did read through this:

https://support.roku.com/article/360006911394

One thing that stands out is that if you're using a wired connection for your TV you may have to switch to a wireless connection when you pair the speakers, but from your description of where the router is it sounds like you're not using a wired connection.

I don't know if you've also seen this:

How to resolve issues pairing your Roku® wireless speakers | Official Roku Support

0 Kudos
bonnielt
Reel Rookie

Yes. I saw both of those and followed every step several times. My TV is not wired to the internet. I appreciate the attempt to help me resolve this but I'm done trying. I'll return these wireless speakers and get something I can plug into the jack instead.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @bonnielt

We're sorry to hear about the troubles. 

We're here to help. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Keep us posted with the detail. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
bonnielt
Reel Rookie

X00000KL0DHY

Device ID S03AT99L0DHY in case that's helpful 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Thanks for following up, @bonnielt.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime! 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos