Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttalavera2288
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra sound goes out for about for a second every half hour or so

Have a Roku Ultra I purchased for my father on the previous Roku Black Friday sale that, no matter what television it is hooked up to, what cord is attached, or what app is playing - the sound will just cut for a second or so about once per half hour. I even tried resetting the thing to see if it would get rid of the issue - didn't work. None of the Roku devices under either my or my father's account have this issue. It's just this one Roku Ultra. 

Any recommendations on fixing it, or is there no way to fix this? Can I ask Roku to replace the device or is that not an option?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra sound goes out for about for a second every half hour or so

@ttalavera2288

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ttalavera2288
Reel Rookie

The number is X0100056XXRF. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@ttalavera2288

Thank you for the information. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our dedicated Support team. We are committed to providing the best possible assistance and resolution to your issue. I would like to kindly advise you to keep an eye on your email, as the Support team will be reaching out to you directly from there. They will provide you with any necessary updates and information regarding the resolution of your concern.

Your patience and understanding during this process are greatly appreciated. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ttalavera2288
Reel Rookie

Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@ttalavera2288,

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to assist you. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a great day ahead. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos