Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uk0R
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra - no apps will open

The "update" available was the same software version and build numbers that are currently loaded. Even though the numbers were identical, the screen still stated that an update was available. The update was downloaded and installed but . . . NO CHANGE. 

9+ DAYS FOLLOWING THE UPDATE AND MY  ROKU ULTRA IS STILL A BRICK!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
uk0R
Channel Surfer

Re: After 12/8/22 System Update, no apps will open

• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Occurs on EVERY channel that I typically use:

Amazon Prime Version 14.1 Build 2022120820

Disney+ Version 1.26 Build 2022120800

Netflix Version 5.0 Build 98079437

YouTube Version 2.22 Build 110005090

• tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Amazon Prime: 51-502-727

Disney+: 51-502-728

Netflix: No tracker generated, appears normal until a program is selected, then spins at 0%

YouTube: No tracker generated, appears normal until a program is selected, then a black, blank screen appears

• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Select my Roku device through my Denon receiver remote, select any channel as normal and the above is the result.

• what is happening on screen when this issue occurs

Amazon Prime: Appears to attempt to start program, but never does

Disney+: malformed data error

Netflix: Appears normal until a program is selected, then spins at 0%

YouTube: Appears normal until a program is selected, then a black, blank screen appears

It's been a week and my Roku is STILL a brick thanks to the 12/8 update.

0 Kudos
uk0R
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra - no apps will open

Ended up purchasing a Roku Ultra (4800 series) so that I have streaming over the holidays. Thh new 4802RW works as it should out of the box. The 12/8 update that BRICKED my Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) has still NOT BEEN RESOLVED.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra - no apps will open

You don't mention if you tried a factory reset on the problem Roku.

0 Kudos