Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed54
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra keeps rebooting

My 4800 keeps losing power randomly and then reboots. About every 20 to 30 minutes. Seems to have started after update. Anyone else have power issues?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ed54
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra keeps rebooting

Let me restate this. The streaming freezes or there's no audio and then it reboots. May NOT be a power issue. I have an extender I.  Utilized lately. May drop it tomorrow. I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Ed54 

Try disabling the Power Saving feature added in the 10.5 OS update and see if it helps your issue. (or at least will eliminate as a possible culprit.)

Settings/System/Power/Power Savings/Auto Power Savings 20 min. (Uncheck to Disable).

This feature has reportedly caused some unexplained quirky behavior to some devices when enabled.

----

Otherwise, the device may either be overheating (maybe check if it is hot when this occurs), or experiencing some memory cache issues causing the reboot.  Normally don't see rebooting when experiencing network issues.  Usually a setting, a Channel/app or physical culprit.

If still experiencing issue after changing the above setting, see if occurs on certain Channel/app or across the board regardless of what type of content you are watching.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Ed54
Channel Surfer

It isn't the power saving mode I have that off. Will try the other suggestions 😃

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Ed54

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If the issue persists even after trying the suggestions provided above, please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos