Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra 4K 2022 4802X don't detect my UGREEN USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hard Drive Enclosure 2.5 (SSD 512GB)

Today (2022-11-12) i bought a Roku Ultra 4K 2022 (Model:4802X) and it don't detect my UGREEN USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hard Drive Enclosure 2.5 (with a SSD Scandisk Ultra 512GB).

I see the light of the UGREEN Hard Drive Enclosure turn on but Roku ultra don't see it (don't detected it) and don't display any error on the screen.

This is the UGREEN.com Hard Drive Enclosure webpage and model that i am using : 

/products/aluminum-usb-c-2-5-hard-drive-enclosure?variant=39915660574782

Roku  read my USB 3.0 Scandisk 64GB Flash drive.

All my usb drives are formatted in NTFS !

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra 4K 2022 4802X don't detect my UGREEN USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hard Drive Enclosure 2.5 (SSD 512G

Does that enclosure have a separate power supply, or is it USB powered? If the latter, it's possible the Roku isn't providing enough power from the USB port. If it has its own power, then I'm not certain what the issue might be. I've only ever used thumb drives for media, and they aren't anywhere near that size. I don't think it's the drive size, and NTFS is a supported drive format. Here's a Roku support page that offers some suggestions: https://support.roku.com/article/230160368

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Ultra 4K 2022 4802X don't detect my UGREEN USB 3.1 Gen 2 Hard Drive Enclosure 2.5 (SSD 512G

It USB powered.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, it's most likely a power issue then. I suggest a powered USB hub, so that removes power from the equation. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos